Filling lines are technological systems for sequential execution of various packaging processes. Linear packaging systems are built based on modular architecture. Depending on the individual filling technology, the layout of the lines is carried out by washing, dosing, capping, labeling and other equipment. The connecting element between the sections is the conveyor along which the container moves.
The advantage of the lines, in comparison with monoblock bottling, is the ability to remove individual components. If necessary, whole units can be replaced. For example, when changing the consistency of the packaged product, a piston feeder can be installed instead of a peristaltic one. Conveyor lines are the key equipment for weighing and packaging sites of enterprises that produce mass-produced products and allow for stable high performance.
Our company "AURORA PACK ENGINEERING" has extensive experience in design, manufacture and modernization of bottling lines for production sites in various segments of industry. In this article, we will try to cover in detail the types of these machines and the features of bottling lines for various purposes.
What types of bottling lines exist?
By type of automation, the lines are divided into semi-automatic and automatic.
In semi-automatic bottling lines, the range of operations performed without human intervention is limited. In some machines, it is necessary to manually move the container, put on the lid or start the capper, while other processes can be implemented automatically. Thus in the semi-automatic mini-filling line of large volumes “Master”, filling and labeling are automated, and capping is performed by manual unit MZ-400R. The mini filling, sealing and labeling line for plastic and laminate tubes is composed of semi-automatic machines, but the containers are moved manually. These and other complexes of this type can be fabricated in various configurations corresponding to the functional, economic and other parameters that are determined by the customer. The performance of such systems largely depends on the speed of the operator. The devices are widely demanded by enterprises with a small volume of production, and a number of models can subsequently be modified into fully automatic.
Automatic filling lines have high productivity, allowing you to pack from 1,000 to 8,000 units per hour. The machines are equipped with unified control systems for all sections, thanks to which perfect synchronization of the units is achieved.
What are the features of filling lines for companies in various industries?
Each production for which a linear filling complex is manufactured has its own characteristics that determine the specifics of the equipment. One of the key criteria determining the choice of manufacturing materials, configuration of units and the need for additional equipment is the industry focus of the enterprise. In the “Lines” section of our company’s catalog, ready-made technological solutions for fill and finish packaging products of various industry niches are presented:
· Pharmaceutical and veterinary filling lines are manufactured in strict accordance with GMP requirements and meet all hygienic and ergonomic standards. Units can be manufactured in standard overall designs (for example, in NIAGARA “Master” pharmaceutical filling line and in MASTER MZ-400ED tincture filling line with automatic cap orientation, capping and labeling), as well as in more compact ones (veterinary preparations filling, capping and labeling line "Master" in vials Vialvet (Clear - Vial) PET 100 ml).
· Lines for filling alcohol products and household, industrial chemicals are designed to work with products of different degrees of aggressiveness, they are designed with an orientation, primarily, to compliance with safety standards for filling processes. Installations are presented by models with protective barriers (filling block for filling aggressive products "Master" Niagara-A); explosion-proof execution (complex line for filling and capping ethanol "Master" MZ-400ED); with anti-foaming systems of the product (filling line for auto chemical goods (antifreeze) "Master" NIAGARA) and with other technological features.
· Food filling lines are produced with HACCP principles in mind, according to which the equipment should eliminate any risks to the product’s safety. We make a wide variety of solutions - both universal (automatic closure and labeling line “Master” for food and cosmetic products), and designed for a specific product ( line for filling syrups “MASTER FOOD”, line for filling mashed potatoes “Master”).
· Almost all cosmetic product-filling lines are distinguished by the possibility of readjustment for a different type of container or product, due to the flexibility of the segment specifics. Machines of our production can be equipped with orientation and assembly systems for caps, container positioning systems, labeling modules and other units to perform the most complete cycle of packaging cosmetics (filling, capping and labeling lines for cosmetics (creams, gels, lotions) "Master", complex line "Master" for filling oils).
· E-Liquid filling lines are equipped with dose deliver systems designed specifically for the filling glycerin and other viscous products. As simpler and cheaper options, we offer traditional lines for filling liquids for electronic cigarettes of the “Master” series. One of our latest developments, created based on modern technologies, is “Master” complex line for filling thick products (glycerin), equipped with two labeling modules, a sterilization tunnel and an ink jet printer.
Organization of a filling line is a rather difficult task that requires certain knowledge and experience. A competent selection of complete units, materials and components is only possible for competent specialists, therefore, we recommend that you completely entrust this to professionals. Our company "AURORA PACK ENGINEERING" implements projects to create reliable turnkey filling lines - from analysis of current production and process planning to launch of finished equipment. Many years of experience in the market, staff of responsible professionals and wide production capabilities allow us to produce lines of various configurations that demonstrate stable operation and ensure high quality packaging processes.